Viking Njord Cruise Review

Viking Njord Cruise Review by Atiryak

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

I must first blame the whole thing on Rick Steves' travel series on PBS that got me interested in taking the Danube tour at Christmas time. I really had to see the Christmas Markets along the Danube. I saw that there was a deal for two with Viking, looked into it and immediately signed up. the tour was everything I expected. The ship was lovely, the tours were fabulous, and the staff was very attentive. The accommodations were small but neat and clean.

The shore excursions were informative and enlightening. I love history as does my daughter who accompanied me, and what we got was lots of history. Prague was wonderful as was Budapest. The cities along the Danube were beautiful and fun to walk around. The tour guides were very good and well informed. We also enjoyed some extra tours, like the food tour in Prague, and the wine tour. All in all, it was a trip of a lifetime!

Atiryak's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom

The cabin was small but efficient and very clean. Our steward was friendly and creative, and did a wonderful job of cleaning up after us.

Next Review