Azamara Journey Cruise Review

Fabulous Fortnight small ship cruising SEAsia Rivers to Bangkok and Saigon

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by MMDown Under

• Sail Date: Dec 2017
  • Destination: Asia

I chose this cruise for its unique itinerary cruising up the rivers to downtown Bangkok and Saigon. In addition this cruise spent a longer time in port, than most cruises - 2.1/2 days in Bangkok, 1.1/2 days in Saigon, 1.1/2 days in Ha Long Bay. It provided for a leisurely holiday.

It was very user friendly for independent travel, with free shuttles provided in Bangkok, Saigon and Da Nang.

The ship is a very friendly ship, from the Captain and the Cruise Director and their teams down to crew members. The Captain and the Cruise Director were everywhere!

I found the passengers to be a wonderful well travelled group of friendly people. Being a solo traveller, I never felt lonely on board.

There were lots of activities on board from which to choose, including daily trivia, which was better than average.

The Guest Relations Team was the best in 17 cruises. No rolled eyes, tell someone who cares attitude here, but "How can we help you?".

As a theatre/music lover, the high level theatre/music provided were highlights of the cruise. There was live music available everywhere. I am now enjoying Eric DeGray's CD, at home.

If I was wealthy, I would cruise on this line often. As I'm not, I'll keep my eyes open for solo specials with unique itineraries.

MMDown Under's Full Rating Summary