We had never cruised With Azamara before however the idea of spending Xmas and New Year on a ship, cruising from Hong Kong to Singapore, with overnight stays at several ports was very compelling.
We loved every moment of this cruise!
The Captain was the most friendly, engaging captain we had ever encounted and this friendly, outgoing style was mirrored by the Hotel Manager and the Cruise Director. We could not fault the service and professionalism of any crew member. The Captain and Hotel Manager would often wave us off as we went ashore and all staff would echo the greeting, ‘Welcome Home’, on our return,
There were many other highlights including:
- the sail away from Hong Kong with its dazzling display of Xmas lights
- the beautiful Xmas decorations throughout the ship
- the shows and entertainment with the Cruise Director leading the way with his prodigious talent
- New Years Eve dinner and show that went on to the wee hours and all guests looked resplendent in their Azamara hats and head dresses
- New Years Day buffet
- the Azamazing evening, a stunning show in Ho Chi Minh, with music, dance, fireworks, fashion parade and three giant screens displaying scenes from across Vietnam
- the White Night deck party with great food and entertainment and the parade of staff
- being able to cruise up the Saigon River to The heart of Ho Chi Minh City and up the Chao Phraya River to Bangkok
- the Q&A sessions with the Captain, Hotel Manager and Cruise Director provided a deeper level of understanding and appreciation of the ship and it’s operations
And much more!! We were sad to see this adventure come to an end and look forward to our next cruise with Azamara.
Very comfortable. Luxury bedding! Immaculate servicing from smiling, positive attendants each day.
The Grand Palace is not to be missed. Vast site, incredibly interesting and spectacular. This was an interesting time to visit the Palace with the imminent coronation of a new king.View All 36 Grand Palace Reviews
Long coach tour was made very interesting by the outstanding quality of the tour guide who provided so much valuable and interesting information of Viet Nam.View All 30 City Tour Reviews
Half day tour. Coach ride from tender port to busy Halong Bay tour port. Loved the cruise in and around the spectacular islands. Visited a spectacular cave. The climb to and from the cave was not as difficult as anticipated and so worth doing.View All 65 Halong Bay Reviews