• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

killerthecat
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin:

My boyfriend and I chose this cruise in particular because it left from LA (where we both live) and the price was right. I've cruised on Princess before, but it's been almost exactly 10 years so I was interested to see what had changed. For reference, I am 27 and my boyfriend is 30.

Embarkation was easy. The people that work in the cruise terminal clearly deal with people boarding the ship every week so they have everything down to a science. From being dropped off at Pier 93 to opening the door to our cabin, I think it was about 15 minutes.

Our cabin was nice. We were on Baja deck, cabin B623 which is a balcony cabin. It was clean and well maintained. The bathroom though, and the shower in particular, was pretty small. It was barely manageable for me (at 5'9"), but my boyfriend is 6'4" and he had a really hard time in the shower. I chose Baja deck specifically because the deck above you cannot look directly down to see your balcony. We could see the balconies of the people below us (decks 9 and 10). So if you want more privacy, Baja deck is nice.

Find a Ruby Princess Cruise from £412