Viking Ve Cruise Review

Dream Come True

Viking Ve Cruise Review by forensicnurse1

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

I worked with a wonderful representative via phone. I explained my daughter had never gone to Europe and I wanted to give her a wonderful experience. Viking delivered. It started with the pre extension in Prague. We were met at the airport and taken to our hotel where we were met with a very enthusiastic representative who cared for us the 3 days were there. The included tours were excellent. Our transfers to Budapest and the ship were smooth. Our cruise director, captain and officers were kind, informative and ready to share their experiences with us. All of the included tours were outstanding. We did take several optional tours which were just as wonderful.

We selected the cabin in the base of the ship and did not regret it at all. We had the last cabin on the lower deck. The room was clean and neat and kept that way by our staff. We never wanted for anything. When they saw we were drinking more water, they included another bottle for us. I had thought we would have more noise but we did not. The only noise we had was during a period when the water level was very low and we were throwing up rocks. That lasted only a short time. Sleep was great. The beds were very comfortable. The cabin was not small at all. Even if it had been we were not in our cabin much. We were either on shore or in the front lounge enjoying the music and small shows provided.

I have to say it is hard to say what was the best. Everything was wonderful but the very best part was the dining. The dining aboard was out of this world. The crew remembered our names and our preferences throughout the cruise. My daughter fell in love with all the wonderful soups we had and the French toast breakfast. The food was incredible and abundant. We were never hungry and the selections of wines provided were perfect with each meal.

The only down about the entire trip was our transfer in Amsterdam. We were to stay for the extension. We arrived by bus and were met by two young ladies from Viking. They sent us on a walking tour with guides while the rooms were made ready. When we returned they were no were to be found. Check in was a bit confusing. The Viking staff the next day was back in line with what we expected. Very helpful and always available. In the end I received much more that I ever expected and am working on our next adventure. Thank you Viking.

forensicnurse1's Full Rating Summary

Cabin economy 401

Clean and neat at all times. Staff was wonderful. Large room.

Nuremberg

Not my favorite city but the tour guild was wonderful

forensicnurse1