Viking Ve Cruise Review

Viking Ve Cruise Review by shadowlover

• Sail Date: Nov 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

A river cruise is a relaxed way to see many cities in Europe. Having your hotel move with you is an amazing thing! We did have to change ships mid way through however this was a fairly painless procedure as all we had to do was pack. My only complaint is that the crew on our first ship was not quite as good as on the Ve, perhaps because we became attached to them quite quickly in our journey. The other complaint is the bed- not comfortable for this level of ship.

Loved all the ports. Had great tours/tour guides. The cruise director also let us know about optional tours that included more walking- which we loved!

The food was very good. The coffee was so so. I would bring my own small coffee maker next time but I am picky with coffee. Seems that Europeans also do not use cream in their coffee.. I loved being able to sit anywhere to eat. We made some good friends onboard and have planned another Viking trip together for 2019.

The absolute best part of Viking is the customer service. Anytime I called I received the best service that I can recall with any company! We used Viking air and were disappointed with a stop in Dulles from Newark (made no sense) and it was changed for us. Next time I would definitely pick my own flights however this was a bit confusing to me having used a different travel agent.

shadowlover's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom

The beds need to be changed to a more comfortable one. The feather toppers become clumpy in the wash/dryer. I think another solution is to dry the toppers with dryer balls to fluff them. Two weeks on an uncomfortable bed is too long. The investment in better beds would be well worth it for viking. Everything else was great!

shadowlover