Disney Wonder Cruise Review

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by DisneyDreamer2015

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Standard Inside Stateroom

I have previously sailed on the Disney Dream (September 2017) and wanted to try a classic ship (March 2018). Although overall I preferred the Dream, I did enjoy the longer cruise.

On my week long cruise we visited Castaway Cay on two occasions, had three sea days and visited San Juan. We were supposed to visit St Maarten but there was a storm and so we did the two Castaway Cay visits instead.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Dining Experiences and the shows in the restaurants, animation night in Animators Palate was great fun and Tiana's Place Mardi Gras was phenomenal.

The crew members I could not fault, from our great room host, who kept our room impeccable to our fantastic dining team and all others throughout the ship from Youth Activities to Cruise Staff we had a very enjoyable trip.

I Loved the 'Dreams' show in the Walt Disney Theatre and enjoyed time in the Buena Vista Theatre seeing Coco, Thor and A Wrinkle in Time as one of the Sea Days the weather wasn't great.

The only thing I would have liked more of was the Marvel Character Meet and Greets as they were always early in the morning or as we were getting ready for show/dinner. Possibly having character meet & greets later in the night like after dinner/show as they always tended to end by 10pm. I also feel their should be more sunbeds in the adult area as you had to be up and at the pool area really early to ensure you got one of the comfortable beds by the adult pools.

All in all I would definitely recommend a Disney Cruise, but having stayed in a room with a verandah on the Disney Dream and an inside stateroom on the Disney Wonder I would definitely suggest the verandah.

DisneyDreamer2015's Full Rating Summary

Standard Inside Stateroom

Cabin was of good size on Deck 6. It had a queen size bed and a sofa.

The host always had it impeccable.

San Juan

San Juan was phenomenal. We docked right in Old Town and walked around visiting San Cristobal Fort which was very reasonably priced.

DisneyDreamer2015