Viking Kara Cruise Review

Viking Kara Cruise Review by gb21599

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

It was our first cruise, I wanted to go through Germany and I wanted the beginning of October. I did not want my first cruise to be on a huge ocean vessel.

I feel we have been spoiled by Viking, I can't imagine any way to improve. The attention to detail was exceptional. The staff and crew that we met, wonderful. Food and amenities perfect. The cabin was more spacious than I anticipated.

The included shore excursions were very interesting and so accommodating for those who are not used to exertion. The Viking Daily was the perfect medium for ensuring that we would be prepared for each day.

I felt the ship was sized perfectly to make us feel less overwhelmed and more important and catered to. It was fun and not at all intimidating to meet many of the other passengers.

We did take the extra time both before and after to explore Amsterdam and Lucerne.

We would definitely love to do this again, perhaps even in the Mediterranean.

gb21599's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 312

We were blessed with a veranda suite with sitting room and balcony. It was beautiful and always immaculate when we returned.

Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine, trying to make notes of everything was so relaxing.

gb21599