• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

zwavedave
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin:

We just finished 3 B2B cruises that started in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. We crossed the Atlantic and the first segment terminated in Copenhagen. From there we did a Norwegian fjords cruise taking us back to Copenhagen. Followed by a Dave Koz charter cruise to the Balkans. This was 31 days onboard the Serenade of the Seas. We changed cabins with every segment. That's the background, here's my impressions.

The crew was fantastic, they were friendly, attentive to our needs and requests. And by the end of the 3rd cruise, they were treating us like family. The meals in the restaurant were better prepared that those we've experienced on Princess. We used anytime dining with a reservation. Because of this we typically got the same waiters. When we missed our reservation and they had to put us at another table, we typically got a different waiter. Because of this we did experience different waiters and I've got to say that there's a wide range in abilities in the wait staff. Some waiters were very good at getting things done efficiently and getting the correct plate to the right diner. Other waiters were slow and frequently confused dishes.

The cabins were nicely appointed. We had superior balcony rooms. My only complaint would be the shower. And who doesn't complain about the shower. It's a tube shaped appliance that doesn't give you much room to bend over and scrub your toes. There's one more thing, make sure you pack some shampoo and conditioner. These items are no longer provided unless you're in a suite. Had I known, I would have grabbed them from the hotel we stayed in the night before departing on the cruise.

2 Helpful Votes