America Cruise Review

Saw alligators,plantations and battlefields with interesting historians

America Cruise Review by Marybethgum

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: North America River

My husband wants to see all 50 states, so we added on LA and MS. The history was fascinating, great historian on board and on tours. Most beautiful plantation of all was Houmas House. Being a gardener, I was quite enchanted with all the flowers, trees, statuary (and very unusual and quirky statues) swan pond, fountains, and the house was gorgeous as well. Oak Alley Plantation was beautiful as well, and on our swamp tour we saw some gators, one up close, and even had one of the flying fish land on our boat, a most unusual happening we are told! New Orleans was delightful. Loved the Cathedral and French Quarter, Cafe Monde has great beignets and chicory coffee. The food onboard was top drawer, amazing chef. I particularly loved the soups. I would highly recommend this tour. Also, my husband uses a cane and walks slowly, and he never felt like he had to hurry on this cruise to catch up.

Marybethgum's Full Rating Summary

Cabin not sure 322

spacious, and loved the balcony outside our room. Very private balcony, too. Loved watching the Mississippi in the evening when the sun was setting, and also at night.

Marybethgum