3. Star Clipper
I worked 2-man fishing boats in my teens. Sailing ship (4 masts) lacks stabilizers and i was seasick all eleven days. Don't take opiate pills they offer. Food is excellent and plentiful. Soups and Indonesian food outstanding, cheeses served at their best. Wet landings ashore. We skipped the ones that required transfer to tender followed by second transfer to zodiac. Passengers need be physically fit, agile. Our cabin was on same deck as dining room but five short sets of stairs intervened. Wife here now, my only issue was with the drinking fountain, the only source of water other than with the dining room meals, or you could buy expensive bottled water. I was told the tap water was not drinkable and shown to the water fountain. It also had a bottle filling pipe. On day two through the rest of the trip the water from it was BROWN and had a bad taste. I asked if it was distilled or filtered and was told it is filtered. So bring your own personal filter- Brita or something like that.

Ideal for honeymooners in their 20's. elderly: stay clear.

Star Clipper Cruise Review by brother_unknown

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Asia

brother_unknown’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Clipper price drops

Bed is elevated; requires exhausting climb with no hand rails. Double comforters don't quite fit. Water requires daily filling of bottles on another deck (see comment above).
  Star Clipper Deck Plans