Viking Prestige Cruise Review

Viking Prestige Cruise Review by BobBarnard71

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

I have been on two other Viking river cruises over the last nine months so I had a pretty good understanding of what to expect. The service by the crew was excellent - it appears to be their trademark - all are well trained in excellent customer relations. The boat was a bit dated but was maintained well with a few exceptions. Meals were good - not outstanding but still very good for the most part. The wienerschnitzel was not prepared well - had the same experience on my last trip. The daily shore excursions were well managed and executed. Buses were very good and clean. The tour guides for each of the excursions were well trained and for the most part spoke good English. The downside was the number of hours/days that we were docked up against another ship or up again a wall. Once or twice may have been expected but the number of days the view as blocked was a bit disconcerting - frustrating. Last if you are late in booking a cruise you will not be able to participate in the pre and post travel excursions. I was told that it should not be a problem once I got on the boat to be able to participate in them. I was told to the contrary. It appears the pre and post excursion arm of the company did not work effectively with the resources on the boat. Also check carefully on the air carrier for your trip to Europe. I was put on Air Canada -Rouge - I will never travel with them again.The disappointments are too long to list -it started by cruise off on a very poor footing.

BobBarnard71's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin C 233

The entertainment center in the cabin did not work well. I was never able to bring up a movie etc. Wifi is just about non existent - can be very frustrating. As noted above - the continued blocked cabin views was a disappointment.

Bratislava

Guide did not offer much in terms of considerations given the short time that we had to explore on our own.

Passau

Loved the city - small yet a lot of history and fun. Great beer -

Walking Tour

One of the most dynamic tour guides that I have had in years.

View All 218 Walking Tour Reviews