Viking Bragi Cruise Review

Loved the small ship experience.

Viking Bragi Cruise Review by cjlw18

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

This is a terrific way to see some of the highlights of Europe that are often missed with bus and other land-based trips. It was wonderful to get to know the crew as well as our shipmates. The stops were excellent, as was the format for visiting each town. My wife and I liked the brief orientation tour with the remainder of the day "at leisure."

We have taken many ocean cruises in the past and were impressed with the quality of the Viking river cruise. The food was excellent, and we did take advantage of the free beverages that accompanied the meals. Very nice. I also celebrated my 65th birthday on the trip, and the crew made it very memorable.

Would I travel Viking River Cruises again? Absolutely! We had a terrific time and at a very good price. We took advantage of the two-for-one deal as well as complimentary airline flights. We chose an inexpensive room as well but had a royal adventure despite the smallish rooms. But who really worried about the small rooms and not-so-great window views? We spent next to no time in our room other than sleeping.

I have been to Europe at least 14 times, and this is was among the most memorable trip. Our 23-day "Grand European" honeymoon trip was the only thing that topped it!

We plan on taking a Viking River Cruise to China during 2020.

cjlw18's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom

Small but more than adequate.

cjlw18