Viking Var Cruise Review

Fabulous first time river cruise experience

Viking Var Cruise Review by gardenerjill

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

I finally did it and booked a river cruise. It exceeded my expectations. I chose 7 days which is perfect for me. I love the way the boats are configured to feel like you have so much space in a really limited size vessel. Loved the floor to ceiling windows. Every detail is thoughtfully executed. Great food, wine, people, entertainment. The included tours are great. You don't need to spend loads of money to have a delightful time. Well traveled folks who enjoy meeting each other. The crew work tirelessly to make the trip memorable. I will return at a future date for another cruise with Viking. I do thing you need to make sure that people are aware that when docked you may not be able to have a view from your cabin window. The ships tie up side by side and certain stops and also inside locks there is no view but concrete on those lower levels at times. It would have affected some peoples selections regarding cabin level I believe. I heard it discussed several times.

gardenerjill's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony

Our cabin was at the rear. Lovely and comfortable. When in the locks, you do hear the engines vibrate quite a bit. That's just the way it is. It did not interfere with my enjoyment.

Regensburg

Would like to have seen more. Beautiful fortress. Interesting history.

Walking Tour

One of my favorite stops. I could stay in Passau for a good long while. Beautiful town and close to many other sights if you have time.

View All 218 Walking Tour Reviews
Stift Durnstein

Visited the monastary, beer garten, and grounds after a lovely ride down the Danube.

View All 8 Stift Durnstein Reviews
City Tour

Morning tour with free time to shop on the High Street and also have coffee. Love Vienna and would like extra time to rediscover a favorite city. Also enjoyed wine tasting and entertainment in the wine district.

View All 169 City Tour Reviews
Wine Tasting

Our group was great. We sang, we tasted, we danced. Closed the place.

View All 17 Wine Tasting Reviews
The Castle District

Enjoyed the tour of the Castle District but was crowded and had to rush. Our favorite was the night time cruise of 1 hour to see the lighted city. Amazing

View All 70 The Castle District Reviews