Viking Forseti Cruise Review

Good, but....

Viking Forseti Cruise Review by Pia Fluit

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

We wanted to have our first cruise to see if this was something for future trips. We went for river cruise as we are not a fan of big cruises with many people.

Prior to the cruise we had contacted River Cruises to inform that we would already be in Paris prior to the pre-tour, I gave message a couple of times as it didn’t seem to be confirmed and my feeling was correct, at the hotel they were asking why we hadn’t informed about this, despite I had done this several times.

Boarding the boat was excellent, cruise team was ready and made us feel welcome immediately and we were taking to our suite. Suite was really nice and spacious as we expected.

Cruise team was overall very friendly and service minded, only a couple of situations where we felt we were a ballast and apparently didn’t do as crew expected (one day bit too late for breakfast, another day in the area for light breakfast, and asked if we could get something from downstairs, answer was no, which is fine if it is same answer for all, but this was not the case, and we experienced others could get what we had asked for)

In restaurant I missed the opportunity to sit at smaller tables, my husband and wanted a trip so we could enjoy ourself and spend time together, instead you end up at big tables when eating and you have to be social .. sometimes it’s nice but it would be good with options to be alone as a couple.

For breakfast I was surprised to see the chief had to educate the person who was to make hot breakfast for us, which also meant it was not always to the needed standard.

As mentioned the suite was good, but when laying next to another cruiseship then it isn’t the best, especially if the ship next door has engine running and you get the smell into your room. The staff on our boat tried to help out and talked with ship next to us, without luck, so we had to move to another empty cabine for the night.

Generally on this specific trip I have to say the amount of sailing was too little, and to compensate there was arranged many bus tours, but that is not what I planned to spend my time on when booking a river cruise.

In general I feel that River Cruises focus on Americans, especially when it comes to the whole booking process,

Pia Fluit's Full Rating Summary