Viking Hlin Cruise Review

A very relaxing cruise where all our expectaions were surpassed

Viking Hlin Cruise Review by John and Sara Nichols

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Suite

I was initially worried that there might be some problems or glitches because neither my wife nor I speak German, French, or Dutch. We were very grateful that ALL of the staff spoke English well and were very knowledgeable and helpful. The guides on the shore excursions were very careful that no one got lost or was left behind.

One of the main highlights was the excellent food. The chef aboard the Hlin is a master. Additionally, he also has many excellent assistants.

We enjoyed interacting with Candie Finkelstein, the hostess on board. We appreciated Candie's briefings on the nights before the shore excursions, telling us what to expect, what we needed to do, and also warning us about any potential dangers or pitfalls. Her advice about being wary of pickpockets outside the Cologne cathedral was especially valuable - we saw multiple people on that excursion that we very wisely avoided.

I don't recall the captain's name, but I was very impressed with his professional competence and his friendliness toward all of his passengers.

I don't want to forget the housekeeping staff. They all impressed me as being very hard working, very helpful, and very friendly.

To sum up, my wife and I CAN'T WAIT to go on our next Viking cruise! You will definitely see us again.

John and Sara Nichols's Full Rating Summary

Explorer Suite
Cabin ES 125

Our cabin was small, but we chose this deliberately to save money. The cabin had everything we needed, and the housekeeping staff was very attentive to our needs, while respecting our privacy.

John and Sara Nichols