3. Enchantment of the Seas
We chose this cruise for my husband, myself and our 10 year old son. We had heard some great things about Adventure Ocean and were excited for our son to have some fun on his own so that my husband and I could have some time together. This cruise definately had some pros and cons. We originally booked a stateroom with a balcony but were contaced by Royal Caribbean to upgrade to a Jr. Suite for $400.00. We accepted the upgrade and were very happy with the size of the stateroom. The attendant was also exceptional and accomodating. We loved the towel animals everyday! The downside was this room, 8126, was directly below the Solarium pool with tile floors and tables and chairs. All day and all night, we heard chairs and tables being moved and scrapped against the tile flooring. This was really bad for sitting out on the patio and for sleeping. We contacted Guest Services about the noise and they said they sent an email for the cleaning crew but we still heard the noise every night. My family had to use ear plugs and that still did not block out all of the noise. So, the worst part of this cruise was the noise level in this Junior Suite stateroom that I paid extra for. Next, the kids club, Adventure Ocean, was really important to us. My son loved the activies and wanted to go everyday except for the second day. When I picked him up he was in tears and said the instructor was mean to him. I went back inside to speak to her and she said he was being too loud and not following instructions. I felt this was a little harsh for a kid's club on a cruise ship. I contacted Guest Services and the manager offered to meet our son outside of the club to discuss the issue because he did not want to go back. This was a nice touch but overall, I think the main issue was that the rooms for the kids club were not large enough and they had to combine the age groups of the kids. I felt this was misleading because they stress having different age groups (9-11 year olds will be seperate from 6-8 year olds) but this did not happen. Of course you will have issues when smaller and larger kids are forced to play together in a small room. Overall, we thought the service was very good. The food in the main dining room was good and we loved the food at Chops restaurant. This was definately worth the upgraded charge. We bought the Deluxe Drink package and thought this was very much worth the cost although it's expensive. If you have a few drinks at the pool and at dinner, it will pay for itself. You can also get speciallity coffee drinks included so it's really a no brainer. I was surprised at the number of young, teenage girls that appeared to be unsupervised. I'm talking about what appeared to be about 75-100 girls. I was not expecting to see this many girls practically naked at the pool everyday. This might be a selling point for some but if you are traveling with your family, it's not exactly the kind of environment I wanted to be a part of. So, maybe we need to choose a different cruise line that caters more to families...I'll have to research that. We really liked the excursions. We went snorkeling during the Nassau port stop and the stop at Coco Cay was also very fun. If you like to snorkel, my husband and son found some great places. I am looking forward to the new, Coco Cay although this may alter the peaceful, laid back nature of this island. So, overall, I think this particular cruise definately catered to more of the party crowd. I think families and older folks felt a little out place by the number of teenagers/college type girls on board. I don't know if I would go on this cruise again due to this issue. I think I would look for a larger ship with better Adventure Ocean accomodations and a more family type atmosphere.

Service was great, stateroom had issues, not exactly family friendly at the pool

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Summer94384

Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J3 8126
Would NEVER get this cabin again due to the location and noise level (see more info in the review above). The stateroom attendent was very good and professional.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins