Viking Var Cruise Review

Viking Var Cruise Review by travelingMrBill

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Suite

The reason we selected Viking was because of the reputation of everything being included and not having to worry about being nickeled and dimed every time you turn around. I had researched all of the other river ships and no one could measure up to the service that Viking gives. The person that motivated me to book the cruise was Shane Bagely located in Corp. headquarters, Woodland Hills CA. No pressure, knowledge of everything we wanted and a sincere interest in this being the first river cruise he wanted this to be best experience he could arrange for us.

Everyone that greeted us on board generally treated us with warmth, professionalism, and attention to detail. The sweet we had was superb. The extra sitting room and balcony made a huge difference.

The staff from the moment you came on board greeted you with enthusiasm.

The ship, rooms and general areas were spotless.

The dinning, under the guidance of Marcus, a 31 year old Executive Chef from Germany, served a 5 star meal every night that was representative of the port we were in.

The Program Director was very entertaining, knowledgeable and ran the ship activities perfectly .

The Capt. was very accessible as was the Hotel Manager, and Maitre d'

The free morning tours were very informative and the guides extremely entertaining and knowledgeable. .

By the end of the cruise we had met everyone on the ship and made many new friends that we still keep in touch with.

A side note:

I did not know that we would be going through 26 locks. Who need the Panama canal.

I was just about to doze off on the first night of sailing. About 10:30 or so. All of a sudden there was a bump of the boat that shook the bed enough for me to jump out of bed. (I live in Los Angeles and earthquake came to mind) Looked out the window and alI could see was a wall of the first lock. Had to laugh at myself.

Would we do this again?

We have already booked the Rhine cruise for 2019 with our friends we meet on this cruise.

Don't miss this cruise!!!!!

travelingMrBill's Full Rating Summary

Explorer Suite
Cabin ES 308

Spacious and always keep clean and well stocked. Bed and pillows superb.

travelingMrBill