Viking Modi Cruise Review

Viking Modi Cruise Review by Michael Woodward

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

We have friends who have taken Viking and they praised their experience. The Grand European Cruise fit the way we wanted to celebrate our 41st anniversary. The friends were correct in their praise. From the moment we stepped onboard until the day we departed, the service and experience was amazing. I consider myself very organized but I have never seen such a level of organization. Nothing was left to chance. The staff worked very long hours and yet they always had a smile and I was amazed they could remember not only our names but favorite items during the meals. This level of service and pride only comes when the company rewards what they want the customer to experience. To have every member of the staff we encountered also display that level is amazing. I have managed teams for two decades and I never had a team so uniformly deliver the results the company professed in their ads. The ship was immaculate, the room were spotless and we were always asked if we needed anything. I remember the comment that most guests gained ten pounds because of the excellent food. It was certainly excellent but I lost seven pounds because of all the opportunities to take the daily or twice daily shore excursions. The excursions had excellent guides and they really brought out the history and culture of the regions as we cruised. The Viking Cruise lne is not just an experience, it was an amazing trip from every aspect. We plan more trips with you in the future. We want to go where Viking goes.

Michael Woodward's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 302

The arrangement of the cabin was very comfortable and I especially enjoyed the veranda in the evening before bed. The staff always inquired if we had any needs. I am not sure if I selected the correct cabin category.

Cologne Old Town

It was good but I was not impressed with the guide and her knowledge or ability to communicate that knowedge

View All 52 Cologne Old Town Reviews
Miltenberg

The history and the buildings were excellent. The guide really communicated what made this small place significant and interesting

Wurzburg

We took two tours that day so we did not have as much time in the town but the Bishop’s Palace was really great

Bamberg

The guide really understood the history and was able to point out the buildings and talk about the time to make you feel you were walking with the residents from the middle ages

Nuremberg

We selected the walking tour. I knew the history from World War II and wanted to experience the complete history of the area

Walking Tour

Very good, guide was good. I was just getting started and my walking ability increased dramatically and I exercised during the entire cruise

View All 104 Walking Tour Reviews
Regensburg

We went to Salzburg so we only drove through the town but our guide discussed the history and the significant buildings

Passau

The churches are the most amazing part of Europe. The craftsmanship and the elegance from that time period are wonderful

Melk

The tour of the city was great but the night cruis on our final night was the highlight of the 15 days.

Melk Abbey

The abbey was beautiful. Again, the religious architecture and quality is awesome. I think the best photo I took of the Abbey is from the river after returning to the ship.

View All 182 Melk Abbey Reviews
City Tour

Quick tour but amazing. Viking really knows how to utilize our time so that we see the most and best in each area

View All 169 City Tour Reviews
Schonbrunn Palace

I have been in 14 countries in Europe and I think we have seen it all and yet each cities buildings and churches are awe inspiring.

View All 179 Schonbrunn Palace Reviews
City Tour

Amazing night cruise

View All 353 City Tour Reviews
Budapest

The church and fisherman’s bastion with the view of the city was great

Michael Woodward