Viking Ve Cruise Review

Incredibly wonderful experience with my daughter

Viking Ve Cruise Review by Cruising with my daughter

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

I chose this cruise because it was going to Budapest, which I consider the most beautiful city in the world. Although I had heard that cruise food was wonderful I was unprepared for how delicious it was and how accommodating the staff were in seeing that we had anything we needed. The service was fabulous and the people were so cheerful and learned our names, cabins and what we liked best to eat.

There was entertainment all the time and it was so interesting that I only read 10 pages of the 3 books I had brought with me! I was not prepared to enjoy the other passengers so very much and to spend so much time in conversation. They called my daughter and me the Dynamic Duo and we were very popular. We danced with the bartenders.

Our tour guide, Sam, was very thoughtful and helped explain about difficult tours. I had broken my back the month before the ship left and was in some pain. We often took the "easy" tour but didn't feel like we missed anything. For the most part the included shore excursions were just right and very interesting.

It was disappointing to have only one day in Budapest but the nighttime cruise was a huge highlight.

Although this was expensive, it was worth it. Loved it.

Cruising with my daughter's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Standard 122

No need for a veranda. Very comfortable and very well maintained by staff.

Amsterdam

We took a short walking tour from the boat and it was indeed average.

Cologne

We ended up on a private tour on a rickshaw after we missed the departure call. It was fabulous.

Budapest

Wonderful city tour. Also did thermal bath on our own.

City Tour

Also did Mozart and Strauss Concert, a very fun experience. Enjoyed our own tour of the Opera House.

View All 169 City Tour Reviews
Melk Abbey

Loved this tour.

View All 182 Melk Abbey Reviews
Walking Tour

The organ concert was a real highlight of our tour. Fabulous.

View All 218 Walking Tour Reviews
Wurzburg

Great tour of Archbishops residence.

However Miltenberg got lost in the review section and it was my favorite city in Germany and the tour guide was the BEST. Loved it. Would go back.

Miltenberg

Oh good I found a way to include this fabulous and wonderful city. My favorite city in Germany and the best guide of the whole excursion. Guides make a difference. "Enchanting" really describes it.

Bamberg

Very interesting city. Loved the town hall.

Nuremberg

So glad to have seen this historical city of such sadness and horror. It was very interesting to hear every guide in every city talk about the war and how children are educated about it so it will never happen again. That is reassuring in these horrifying times.

Cruising with my daughter