Viking Ingvi Cruise Review

Perfection in every way!

Viking Ingvi Cruise Review by normalee

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

This would be a very long review if I tried to tell you everything I loved about this, our first river cruise. Everything was perfect and easy. Being met at the airport and escorted to the buses waiting to take us to the ship was wonderful. Not having to deal with our suitcases until they were safely in our cabins was a treat. Everyone on the Viking team was friendly and knowledgable. Our program director, Emilie Boey, was really special. She not only made everything fun, but also took care of a couple of problems we had with a smile on her face and a hug. Our dinner table attendants also added to the enjoyment of the cruise (Gilbert, Adrian, and Rein). The food was amazing, much better than any ocean cruise we've ever taken. I loved the smaller ship and smaller number of people on board. The excursions were all interesting and the buses taking us to various towns were clean and the drivers were friendly and great drivers. My favorite excursion was to Strasbourg, France. What a beautiful, lovely city with its pretty little bridges covered in flower boxes. I could've stayed there for a week. But we really enjoyed all the excursions we chose -- they were all fun and the towns or villages were all beautiful in different ways. German Night was fun on the ship, and we enjoyed the piano music in the lounge every night. Loved having the use of the tables in the lounge to play dominoes each evening, too. Emilie made the trivia and other game nights fun, too. If we take another cruise we will choose a cabin above the lower deck so we have a full window. Other than that tiny thing, I wouldn't change anything. This cruise was absolutely perfect in every way.

normalee's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Standard 112

Our cabin was very clean and was actually larger than what we expected. Friends had mentioned how small the cabins are but we had plenty of room to store our two big suitcases and all our clothes. We were pleased that our cabin attendant usually had our room cleaned by the time we came back from breakfast. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was great. We will book a room on an upper deck next time, though. I missed having a large window.

Amsterdam

We arrived in Amsterdam too late in the day to do an excursion. But we did do the Kinderdijk windmill excursion the next day. It was wonderful!

Cologne Cathedral

Our tour guide was knowledgable and funny -- we loved him. I took some great photos of the cathedral, but it was very crowded there and not a whole lot to do. I guess we all thought we didn't need to be there as long as we were.

View All 184 Cologne Cathedral Reviews

Lots of fun, we loved the restaurant experience and the town, but the food was not as good as other German food we had. The town is gorgeous, if I had it to do over I would go into town and find my own restaurant.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Heidelberg Castle

This excursion did not just include the castle, which was beautiful and interesting. The bus trip to and from took us through interesting neighborhoods which were described for us by our tour guide, and after we saw the castle there was plenty of time to wander around and see more of Heidelberg, which is a gorgeous city. We also had delicious German food at the Hotel Hollander Hof Restaurant. Fabulous food! This was a beautiful, exciting excursion that we all loved.

View All 180 Heidelberg Castle Reviews