Viking Osfrid Cruise Review

• Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Outside Stateroom

Poor expensive cruise on the Duoro River, Portugal

1. Food of poor quality

-first night I had grilled prawns which were focally raw in the cehter. I think they grill without thoroughly defrosted the prawns.

-last night, it was chateaubriand. It was sliced, and seemed to be microwaved! No taste and tough.

-at lunch, canned sardines were served!

-cake/custard dessert was partly frozen in the center, crunchy with ice crystals.

-lots of cheap wine (3/4 euros a bottle). Make you drunk so you can forget the bad food.

-we were served cheap white port mixed w tonic water and ice. The last day we were served 10 year old late vintage port, not real vintage port, although they opened a bottle of vintage port. However they did not served that to us, but to the maitre D and other staff only!

We thought that being on the wine region, we would be having meals in the vineyards, but we had only eaten in the vineyard once. It was the only decent meal.

2. Servers were inexperienced

-I was drenched in orange juice by the server once, and sprinkled in beer a second time. The ship even had the nerve to bill me for laundry of my soiled clothing. Adding insult to injury!

-On the whole, they crew try to be helpful, except one bar tender, Marcio, who has a racist attitude. There were only a handful of non-whites on board. Initially I kept this to myself. Later independently, another non-white mentioned the same thing to me!

3. facilities

The "swimming pool" is only a one foot deep kiddie pool. I was the only one who tried to swim before realizing the actual depth. Nobody else used it. Might as well eliminate this useless decoration!

No fitness facilities.

4. Don't use their air service. They will put you on the cheapest way possible, except if you want to get more miles. E.g. flying back from Porto to LA, they fly you first to Frankfurt, then Vancouver, then LA!

gsyuuu11's Full Rating Summary