Viking Hild Cruise Review

Viking Hild Cruise Review by blue cheese

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

I am a total fan of river cruises after this inaugural trip. We loved that it was only 180 guests. It made it more personal and inviting. The service was outstanding, from the housekeeping staff to the dining room staff. It was like being on a moving Ritz Carlton.

We loved that we didn't have to deal with kids running around. All the guests were friendly and gracious.

The food was outstanding. I was surprised I didn't gain more pounds. The drinks were great. I loved the Silver package that gave us access to our selection of wines and spirits any time of the day.

The tours at each stop were excellent and educational. Having locals tell us about the local history and customs was unexpected. It gave us an appreciation of the culture that is hard to get when traveling on your own.

We enjoyed this so much we decided that the 7 days on the river was too short so after being home 10 days, we signed up for a 15 day cruise next year.

blue cheese's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 103

Wonderful spacious cabin. Loved the small balcony/veranda. Plenty of storage. Strong wifi.

Fantastic comfortable king size bed. Fresh linens daily. I don't even get that in US hotels.

I wish we could have gotten more US news on the television. But being on vacation didn't mind.

blue cheese