Brabant Cruise Review

First but not last river cruise!

Brabant Cruise Review by Fuertelover

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: undefined

I have never been on a river cruise before, but after a very fast embarkation , we were settled into our cabin, not large, but comfortable and always plenty of hot water & very efficient toilet. Dinner the first evening was okay, but pleased to say food improved considerably over the week and they were very good with my lactose intolerance and I was able to choose for the day at breakfast, from the menus and the chef would adjust, had some lovely sorbets for dessert.

The places we stopped at were interesting and although we didn’t do any of the tours, but were happy to do our own thing and also used the cititrains in some of the towns, they took you all around the sites and told you about the history.

The scenery was beautiful with castles and little villages and towns, the houses have interesting architecture, but I think I have seen enough vineyards to last a lifetime.

People on board were friendly and we changed tables every night.

The weather was perfect everyday until the day we arrived in Düsseldorf ,when the temperature dropped & the sky turned grey, but luckily , no rain during the day!

Disembarkation was easy, journey home short and uneventful.

We had a lovely holiday and would definitely do another river cruise, rather than an ocean cruise, no movement, very smooth, no waves........lovely!

Fuertelover's Full Rating Summary