3. Mariner of the Seas
We chose this ship after reading other reviews and know it had be freshly redone. Being our first cruise I wanted a short trip and they were offering a good deal when I booked this of 50% off deposit and $150 on board credit. We used the credit to buy the soda and voom package for my wife and the soda package for me. We also purchased the Essential Nassau package. Embarkation went very fast we were on the ship by 12:30pm and were able to hit the windjammer and eat. We then went to our cabin 6314 which was a balcony room. We put our suitcases in the room and went and explored the ship. The food in the windjammer was good what you would expect in a buffet. The next morning our first stop was Cococay. We loved it here they are still using tenders but that will stop once the pier/dock is done. We purchased the all day snorkeling and seen many beautiful fish, stingrays, and even a sea turtle. One of the couples we made friends with during the cruise said they saw a manta ray. We rented an umbrella and stayed at the beach nearest the ship which was were the snorkeling beach was and did not get as crowded during the day as I had imagined. They offered the coconut drink but in a glass and not in the coconut as I had seen in advertisements they did have a drink in a hollowed out pineapple though it was $12 without the drink package and $9 with it then free refills with drink package. The bbq lunch was good we had a suckling pig, ribs, and pulled pork. There was corn on the cob and other sides as well. After returning to the ship we went to the Cafe on the promenade and got some pizza. It was good. We listened to the live music they had and they even got a conga line going. We ate in the windjammer as we did not want to dress up for the dining room. The next day we were in Nassau we were told to follow the group that were going to Atlantis and we would see a guy holding up a sign for Essential Nassau. We never seen the guy and they stopped us at the covered walkway and took us all the way back to the ship to be the last ones in our group all though we were the first. This put us squished in the back like sardines. We were not the only ones another couple we befriended because they were in the same situation said they did not see the guy either. The tour was good though our guide William was very good and kept us entertained and informed. We seen everything you would want to see in a tour of Nassau from the Rum cake factory to the Distillery to the forts and the Queen's staircase. We visited Frankie gone bananas for lunch it was very good. We had some conch fritters and I had the Seafood Platter and my wife had the jerk chicken. Both were very good. We walked around downtown for a few minutes but decided we would get back on the boat. That night we went to the main dining room for the first time and was glad we did. I had the Greek salad, rack of lamb and the tress leches cake. My wife had a Caesar salad, tiger shrimp and the cherry jubilee. Our waiter Rowan was awesome he was very polite and professional making good suggestions on food and drink. We went back to the promenade that night for the 80's party and realized it was in the star lounge and we headed that way but there was a ton of people so we just hung out at the cafe again listening to the music there and snacking on some of the cheese they had to offer. We are ready for a next cruise.

First time cruising; loved the ship

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by KentuckyCruisingCouple

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

We are ready for a next cruise.
KentuckyCruisingCouple’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 6314
the cabin was nice not as small as I was thinking. I am a 6'4" 350lbs guy so I fit in the shower which looked a lot smaller. Sitting on the balcony and watching the sunset and looking at the stars was awesome.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins