• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Mteriors
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Penthouse Suite

On March 21, 2012, I received the news that no person ever wants to hear . . .

"You have cancer!" Thus began my journey up through today toward recover from breast cancer. And what a journey it has been! In the past six years, I have endured more than ten operations and procedures relating to my breast cancer plus a total knee replacement of both knees!

Couple all that with my husband’s paraplegia from three spinal surgeries and you can then understand why our recent “Glistening Glaciers” cruise to Alaska aboard Oceania Cruises Regatta (September 7–17, 2018) was so special and very important to us. The cruise was a realization of a dream and the completion of a long held wanderlust.

Penthouse Suite

Cabin PH3

The cabin showed signs of wear and tear even though it had been refurbished only four years ago. The entire ship is set to be refurbished quite soon and the photos look wonderful.

Port Reviews

Seattle

TOURS: My husband and I each purchased the Unlimited Passport Collection at a cost of $659.00 per person. It was stated in the brochure that this would result in a savings of up to 40% off the ala carte prices. It didn’t! Why? Because many of the “tours” we

selected were not worth leaving the ship to experience! Due to my limited mobility (I had my second total knee replacement seven months ago), I didn’t want to over tax myself with activities that were too strenuous, but riding the Hoonah tram through a “forest” was a joke! We simply rode a muddy path along the shore! The Saxman Village tour featured a 15 year old who mumbled his memorized speech and got lost when someone interrupted with a question! The “High Tea” at The Empress Hotel was abysmal! It was a rushed affair. We were grouped with people from the ship by the hostess. We were not even given china tea pots but prefilled stainless steel tea pots! No choice of teas was offered! Not at all a high tea. Not worth $199.00 per person! When I complained, I was told that that was what our “package” consisted of! I have been to The Empress for high tea and it was never like! When I asked for the manager, he did not arrive until I was leaving and offered to rectify the situation with another sitting but since we arrived by motor coach, we had to leave. These Oceania sanctioned and promoted tours were beyond disappointing!

Find a Regatta Cruise from £1,095