Viking Prestige Cruise Review

Viking Prestige Cruise Review by lbtopaz

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Window

I was extremely disappointed with this trip and it was # 1 on my bucket list for many years. Viking knew that the Danube was getting lower and lower by the day due to a severe drought. Instead of allowing us to postpone the trip to next year we were forced to disembark in Vienna and take a 4+ hour bus ride to Budapest. By the time we finished lunch we had only a couple of hours to tour the city by bus. The reason I took this tour was because I wanted to see Budapest. All I have are photos shot from the bus window and some lovely pics of the castle where we were left to go shopping.

We signed up for the leisure tours because my husband has some mobility issues. I had to run up and tell the tour guide to slow down various times because half of the group were 3 blocks behind.

Aside from a few good meals the food was horrible and the pastries were tasteless. There was a horrible stench of sewage being dumped in the river.

I cut my finger on a very sharp knife that was left on the buffet for us to cut the bread. Why couldn't the bread be cut by one of the chefs? According to my doctor I have a 50% chance that it will heal correctly.

If Viking is the best river cruise I would hate to see the worst.

lbtopaz's Full Rating Summary