Carnival Legend Cruise Review

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by SeniorTraveller023

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

I chose this cruise as a way to get to Hawaii and see all the different islands. It served that purpose, and I enjoyed the trip overall. The naturalist on board was very personable and knowledgeable. As others have mentioned, the cabin was cold most of the time and there was no way to turn on the heat. I had a sweater, so it wasn't too big a problem. My main complaint is that they interrupted dinner with a lot of raucous singing and dancing by the waiters, all, I suppose, in the name of fun. I hated it. I also hated the high volume of music in the fitness center. Even with earphones I could not hear the TV I tried to watch while working out. The entertainment was so-so. As on my previous Carnival cruise, the dancers pretended to sing by lip-syncking into phoney microphones. This, too, was at high decibels. Since I knew noise was the way on Carnival, I would have chosen a different line if the itinerary had been as good.

SeniorTraveller023's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1171

Fine, except for the fact that it was too cold.

The main part of Volcano National Park was closed to tourists. This tour went to an uninspiring corner of the park. We also stopped at a black sand beach, a "painted" church, and a coffee plantation, so I enjoyed it.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Kauai

I rented a car and enjoyed this island, especially the great canyon.

Mauna Kea

A marvelous experience!

Haleakala Crater

A marvelous experience!

View All 108 Haleakala Crater Reviews
Vancouver

I took the train to Vancouver and the light rail to the cruise ship terminal. I love Vancouver for its beauty, transit infrastructure, and progressive policies.

SeniorTraveller023