Viking Hlin Cruise Review

Viking Hlin Cruise Review by philliesmama1

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony Superior

After cruising the Seine two years ago, we decided to make the Rhine our next cruise. Viking never disappoints. From the moment you step off your flight ( with Viking having great airline prices too) from the time you leave, every staff member makes you feel at home. We loved every port and excursion. We added a dinner in Rudesheim excursion and it was just what we wanted to be a part of. It was a fun night in a small German town with lots of music, authentic food and drink.

I was not in my best walking form so the day I chose not to leave the ship was still enjoyable. The staff made sure I was comfortable, and well fed as well.

We extended our stay in Lucerne. If you can, take the Pearls of Switzerland excursion. It was a day packed with fun and adventure ending with a wonderful fondue dinner.

We are looking at the Danube next as well as taking a Viking ocean cruise We will not look at other riverboats as Viking has it all for us.

philliesmama1's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony Superior

We like the French Balcony rooms. They are big enough for the little bit of time we spend in them. The bathrooms are very well stocked and my husband especially loves the heated floors. It is great to always have fresh bottled water in the room as well

philliesmama1