3. Adventure of the Seas
This was one of the best vacations I have ever been on. Let's start with the Schooner Bar staff. The Schooner Bar is my absolute favorite spot on any Royal Caribbean ship, and this trip proved to be no different. Alex, Oleks, Jeirich, and Jomit were OUTSTANDING. Absolutely the highlight of our trip was spending every evening with them in the Schooner Bar. They were fast, helpful, friendly, and they knew our names by night one of the trip. I will absolutely never forget how incredible they made our trip. Custom drinks, jokes and riddles at the bar, and just an all-around amazing experience. I looked forward to spending my evening with them each night before and after dinner. What an incredible staff that venue has - I hope that our review can be shared with them, as there are no possible words to even BEGIN to thank them for everything they did for us that week. My boyfriend (now fiance) and I got engaged on the first night of the trip, and Alex surprised me at the end of the week with a rose he made from a napkin, and it was BEAUTIFUL. Seriously. We were beyond lucky to meet these individuals, and I hope everyone who cruises on that ship in the future has the opportunity to meet that bar team. We managed to find Oleks also working the Pool Bar and the Quest Game Show, and he made sure to also take extra care of us while in other venues. I cannot say enough kind things about these individuals because they're just that fantastic. They kept us loaded up with trail mix snacks, and created many shots for us that they made up or were practicing. Many of my best memories from this trip were with the Schooner Bar staff - Specifically Alex, Jeirich, Oleks and Jomit. Now let's talk about Giovanni, the Schooner Bar performer for the week. HE WAS AWFUL. Again, I spend the majority of my time in the Schooner Bar, and we had to listen to him every. single. night. HE DIDN'T KNOW THE WORDS TO ANYTHING. I wish I was kidding. He made up the words to almost every song if he didn't know it, and then sang those songs every single night with DIFFERENT WORDS. I was done with him from night one. There was one night where he pretended that the original performer of the song he was about to sing just got on the ship and had full conversations with himself pretending to talk to them and then sing in their voices... it was just awful. I would be extremely unhappy to have to sit through more performances of his on any other trip. No one in our party enjoyed it. We ate dinner in the main dining room every night, and had the pleasure of having Maurice and Ajay (Sapphire Dining, Deck 3, Table 128 every night). Our wait staff was a BLAST! We had a great time getting to know them both. Ajay has SUCH a personality and was a joy to talk to at dinner each night. He always kept us full and laughing. We didn't see Maurice as much, but had some great conversations with him when we did. Kareem from the Cruise Director's staff was also awesome! He did a great job with trivia, and befriended us a bit later in the trip. We had a blast participating in activities with Kareem, Isaac, Tami, Sarah and Kelly! They were all fantastic. We did the Rum Tour in Puerto Rico, and honestly hated everything about it. It was an absolutely waste of money. They took us across the street from the port to a restaurant, gave us a 20 minute run-down of Bacardi, made us a tiny drink (choice of rum & coke, Pina Colada or Mojito) in a small plastic cup, gave us a shot of VERY harsh rum, and then called it a day. The tour guide was nice, but the tour wasn't a tour and NOT worth $38. We also did the jet ski tour in Labadee, and I would MORE than recommend this tour to anyone interested. We had the most amazing time! I have never been on a jet ski before, and I could have zipped around those blue waters all day. It was an incredible experience! The ONLY issue I had this week was with Guest Relations onboard. I book every trip through my travel agent, and did so again with this trip. When we didn't receive the bottle when we arrives (but our friend who traveled with us did - she booked through my agent, as well), I went to Guest Relations and spoke with a representative, and she couldn't have been more rude through the entire conversation. When I asked if we were getting the champagne, her response was "Well "insert my travel agent group here" makes a lot of empty promises and I don't see anything in your account about it." I responded with "I'm asking because the friend we are traveling with got her bottle when she first got to her stateroom and she booked through my agent, as well, so that's a bit strange. This is my seventh cruise and I have received it every time, so I just wanted to check." She then checked my friend's account and said "Well I don't know how your friend got it because there isn't anything in her account either." She then looked at me and said "I'll give you a bottle from my department, but you need to understand that you're in no way entitled to it." That statement made me BEYOND angry. I in no way thought that I was entitled to it - I was just asking what had happened, and her response was uncalled for an beyond rude. I then said thank you and walked away, and the bottle arrived in our room that evening. For someone who works for Guest Relations, she could have been much nicer about the situation. By adding her line about being entitled, she made both myself and my fiance extremely angry and upset. It was just very mean and disrespectful.

WHAT. A. VACATION.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by murrayerf

This was one of the best vacations I have ever been on.

murrayerf’s Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 6V 6675
Our room attendant was a bit strange. We were in Room 6675 and had Roy as our attendant. He was very nice and kept our room beautiful, but told us some disturbing stories that we were a little put off by. Overall, a great experience with him and he made adorable towel animals that wore my sunglasses!
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins