3. Adventure of the Seas
This was our 3rd cruise. We are working professionals, in our 40's, and have done two Princess cruises prior (2013, 2016). This was our shortest of the three (6 days). Our first impression at embarkation was ... this ship is moderately dated, dirty in the nooks and crannies, and poorly maintained. When we first entered our cabin, the first thing we noticed was the dirty, stained couch. Stains on the carpet, just not clean or kept up. The dining was pretty mediocre, as far as food quality. The food all tasted good, but was never very fresh tasting or looking. The presentation was pretty bland, too. The dinner service at the dining hall was very slow, even when we were among the first people for dinner. The wait staff at dinner seemed rushed and disinterested, pretty minimal conversation or discussion about the food, other than the bare minimum "Our specials tonight are ..." Entertainment was pretty good, not a lot of variety, but the dancers and singers were good. The ice dancers were probably my favorite (and I generally don't enjoy skating shows). The comedians were both entertaining. Three items that were probably deal-breakers for our next cruise: 1) $8.95 charge PER room service order - SAY WHAT?! Had our kids travelled with us, that would've cost us at least $150 extra! 2) Most of the in-room movies were unknowns, B or C movies, AND all were Pay-Per-View, at around $13 each! Again, WHAAAT??!! On Princess, the movies were included, many still in theaters, or at least newer; and 3) The poolside towel policy: check out towels and check them in, or be assessed a $25 CHARGE for each towel "lost"!? Are you kidding me? We are at sea, and those are $2 towels. Where do you think the towels are going? And who is going to take them? Just another way RCI tries to nickel-and-dime customers. The Flow-Rider was always very busy with long lines, the waterslides were fun and at the right time could be a short wait. Lots of kids on this one, but very crowded overall. It is very unlikely that I ever cruise RC again ... never say never, but I doubt it. Just unimpressed with this particular ship and staff. Sorry, RCI, I really wanted to like it. But compared to Princess (Regal), this one lost in spades.

VERY Meh.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ronguers

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

ronguers’s Full Rating Summary

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3B 6654
Average size balcony, bothered that the balcony has a metal exterior wall, instead of glass like some of the newer ships. Bed was pretty hard, pillows nice. We didn't use the fold out couch and didn't even really sit on it, because it was so stained and, frankly, gross-looking. It became a bench to put stuff on.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins