3. Disney Fantasy
I joined my Sister, Niece & husband, and my Sister’s three grandchildren on a family cruise. I doubted that the cruise could ever justify the higher price point than other cruises. I was wrong. The look on a three year old’s face when she sees her favorite princess, or when Crush starts talking in Animator’s Palate- is priceless. There is no price one can put on Ariel stopping to chat with a seven year old fan, and finding a way to draw a very shy 11 year old into the fun. How about the look on the 11 and 7 year olds faces when our dining room guru taught them how to balance four forks on two toothpicks stuck into the cork in a wine bottle? I bet even the looks on the adults’ faces were priceless. And who ever thought fireworks at sea could be better than many a land show? Or how much fun the pirate night party could be for kids of all ages? Or how much fun riding the AquaDuck is - even after the 657th time? These are the things that set DCL apart from other lines. They have excellent food. Superb service. And great entertainment. But so do other lines. I will say that DCL has a crew that has an amazing ability to remember people and their names - beyond the dining room and the cabin staff. Imagine how stunned I was to walk into Cove Cafe on the second morning, and have the barista ask me if I wanted my non-fat latte with a tiny pump of mocha? Or to have Abu at the pool greet me by name every time he saw me at the pool, after spending just a few minutes the first morning chatting - before everyone else joined us. I have never encountered anything like this outside of concierge service on other lines. The ports were fun. Disney’s private island - glorious. Everything added up to an excellent trip. There were three areas that need some work. First the filled pasta in Animator’s Palate was barely warm, the pasta was gummy and the sauce had an almost congealed quality to it. Almost as if it had sat under heat lamps too long. This was a Halloween cruise, and the ship needed to prepare the corridors on the trick or treat decks by removing vacuums, buckets filled with water, caution signs and huge housekeeping carts. No one was hurt, but there were a few excited little ones that stumbled over cords, etc. Photo package buyers beware. If someone in your cabin wears glasses, or is facing sideways in pics, you might not get them in your package. If you are traveling in more than one cabin, be sure to check the photos for each cabin to make sure you get as many pics as possible. None of these issues put a damper on the cruise. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we put down a deposit on a yet to be determined future cruise.

I might think twice about this line, if not traveling with youngsters, but.....

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by cat shepard

Ages 10 to 12
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04A 9604
Great cabin. Our only disappointment was that we thought we were getting a cabin with a Murphy bed, so we could have a pajama party with all three grandchildren.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins