• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Independence
Residences at West Point
West Point
Large house along the Hudson

Love the small ship! We had 100 passengers, so got to know most folks on board. The ship perhaps needs to be updated, but it was clean and serviceable. There were many problems with our key cards not working, but any crew member was able to open for us, and resetting the key was pretty quick. We were in 204, so just steps from the lounge. I didn't go to the nightly entertainment, but the cabin was quiet even while the entertainment was in progress. Balcony was great, loved the fresh air. The folks in the cabin next door started smoking on their balcony, and the crew quickly shut that down, which I really appreciated. The food was excellent! Really, everything was top quality, cooked perfectly, and enough variety that I always found something I liked.The tours were good. I wish they'd told us more about the tours, but the ones we went on were worthwhile. Would definitely go again. No big ships for me, I love the small river cruises!

Cabin AAL

Both door and window opened to balcony. Nice to have the fresh air! King bed was very comfortable. Flat screen could have been bigger, but it was fine, WiFi was useless, it never worked in the room, only in the lounge or out on the balcony.

10 Helpful Votes