3. Britannia
Enjoyable cruise but the Britannia fell short of expectations, not a patch on the Ventura. Too much of the ship is given to cabins so too many people and not enough space in the public areas. Buffet presentation, variety and seating very disappointing. The select restaurants were very good though. The trips were good and well organised, we did Snorkelling/catamaran twice, eco trek on Grenada, River tubing on Dominica. We also did the afternoon tea I. The Epicurean restaurant but it was far too rich for us, eight cakes each and unlimited Tea Pigs brand tea. Gin tasting was fun, my wife doesn’t drink gin but was persuaded that she would like it afterwards, we’ll she still doesn’t and I had to drink all of hers too! That’s eight gins and I think six cocktails, plus another Plymouth gin that was going spare, a challenging day followed :) The onboard band Pulse were very good, we didn’t get to see many others though. Selling of onboard services became obtrusive at times although it was easy to get a drink when needed. I would not cruise on the food Britannia again due to the issues first mentioned.

Nice cruise, buffet poor

Britannia Cruise Review by southampig

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

The onboard band Pulse were very good, we didn’t get to see many others though.

southampig’s Full Rating Summary