3. Britannia
Embarkation was long and exhausting. After a long flight to Barbados we were stood in rows on tarmac in very hot conditions for 30 minutes whilst waiting for buses to arrive. Then when we arrived at the ship stood in long queue whilst we were all processed! The ship is clean to an extent. Smoking areas had cigarette butts and empty cigarettes packets lying around the floors but that says more about the passengers than the staff who just don’t seem to stop working and deserve a medal. Housekeeping work so hard and were the nicest part of this cruise, really lovely people. Bar staff were in my opinion rude and customer service was poor. Very little public space for the amount of people on board and we came to dread sea days. Trying to find any peace on this ship is impossible. The entertainment team thing makes it feel like Butlins. Constant hard sell every where you go you just generally get the feeling that p&o are finding new and creative ways to get your money as if this cruise wasn’t already expensive enough. Only drink included in the ‘all inclusive’ is water. Oh and the WiFi is very expensive and frustratingly rather useless. Excursions are expensive and surprise surprise involve queuing and more crowds of people. Locals tend to offer cheaper alternatives. I got shouted at twice by members of staff for not 1. Standing in line properly 2. Taking a piece of orange without using tongs. If I ever have the word madam shouted at me again I’ll scream. The constant tannoy announcements became intrusive after a while often with requests or orders about what we can or can’t do that day. Trying to have a quiet afternoon kip in the cabin and to escape the huge amount of people on this ship is hopeless as the announcements are VERY loud. If you like a bit of piece and quiet, like your independence, like to take each day as it comes and do your own thing including not having to follow dress codes/rules and regulations don’t come cruising.

First time never again

Britannia Cruise Review by Chessie11

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

Bar staff were in my opinion rude and customer service was poor.

Chessie11’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin was clean and well maintained. Housekeeping were brilliant and work so hard.
Soon transpired on this trip that despite booking early (big mistake) we got a very bad deal booking directly with P&O and people booking later or through cruise companies had a balcony cabin for less. Expensive lesson learned!