3. Enchantment of the Seas
We went with brother and his wife who usually cruise Carnival. We have been trying to get them onto RC for several years. Well this was not a ship for first impressions. The staff tried, but with the limited resources, they couldn't make up for the many deficiencies. The ship is very dated, with a lot of rust and dirt (even the fake plants in the solarium were very dirty & dusty. Looked like they hadnt been cleaned in years. They were working on the main pool deck and rails (sanding) every day. blocking off available chairs, even on sea days. We had a suite, so sufficient room except there are only 2 electrical outlets in the entire suite. Very inadequate for cell phones, tablet, coffee maker, hair dryer (and we bring a string of mini-lights for Christmas cruises. Security kept one bag as I had a multi-outlet plug in it which they kept and said that maintenance would provide one that had been tested by them. Never received. They didnt tell me until I asked the room attendant and she said that all luggage had been delivered and to go to deck one security. No lobster offered in main dining room, even on formal night. It seems every cruise they offer less and less. We are Diamond status and have begun trying other cruise lines, last year we did Princess and enjoyed very much. I just booked one for February on MSC, especially with their status match program. Brother and his wife were very disappointed with their balcony cabin also. Not a good first impression.

Enchantment 12-3-18, disappointment