3. Island Princess
Last minute idea to join the ladies in my family on a 7-day trip to the Glaciers. I was so happy I did. This was my 2nd cruise on Princess had done a 4-day early season trip on the Royal in 2015 and enjoyed it but it was still cold and rainy up there. This Ship, it was amazing. It did not seem dated or run down, everything was perfect. The food was amazing, we had anytime dining and ate in the dining room every night. One night, unfortunately I had to run to the excursions desk to fix a booking issue and sadly – I was not allowed to take my desert with me (remember – no go-go boxes), but it didn’t matter - I was happy with all the on-board options for treats. Excursions were able to fix our booking error and give a refund on our last day glacier tour in Whittier (it turned out to be fine, since the weather was so clear, we could see all the glaciers from the ship and the bus back). My cabin was great, I got upgraded from an interior room to a window (Maria was amazing). I highly recommend going to the reception for the Captain Circle members. In addition to the welcome, you receive a coupon for a drink – and if you are lucky (like I was) you will win Platinum Level for the remainder of the cruise! It was so amazing (thank you Rhianna) – the extra perks and benefits. I was so sad to know that I would have to give it up on my next cruise, but I will try again to win. The entertainment was top notch! Every evening we would meet up at Crooners for some ‘chair dancing’ as my mom named it, followed by some time in the casino and then to the Explorer Lounge (the band Symphonee from Barbados was great and the bar staff were my Favorite!). What made the trip extra special – other than the company, amazingly clear weather and wildlife were the onboard staff who went above and beyond. Thank you to Duval and the entertainers and the crew – an amazing trip and memories for a lifetime.

Great for Relaxation - the perfect escape

Squirll’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OC P528
Great cabin, quiet and right down the hall from the La Patisserie coffee shop. It was great, grabbed a coffee then was right there when the doors opened for port days.
Fiesta Deck Outside Cabins