Viking Rolf Cruise Review

Viking Rolf Cruise Review by marieangel

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

We chose this cruise mostly for the itinerary, and because we had such a great time on Viking's "Grand European". This was the first leg of "France's Finest" for us. While the trip was enjoyable, I wasn't impressed with some of the included excursions. I think I've toured enough churches, castle ruins and palaces to last the remainder of my life! There wasn't enough free time at some of the ports. Favorite stops were Giverny; Rouen; and the beaches at Normandy, but there was not nearly enough time at the D-Day Museum. I would love to return to that area at a more leisurely pace. The food on the Rolf was good, but not memorable. I found the Program Director to be overbearing, sometimes to the point of being annoying. The majority of fellow passengers were older (we are in our early 60s). Our pre-cruise extension in Paris was delightful.

marieangel's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E 104

We had stayed in a standard F cabin on our previous river cruise. On the Rolf, we were in a cabin that was closer to the machinery, so it was noisier than on our other cruise. The cabin is adequate. There is a bit more storage space than in the French balcony cabins because of the deep window ledge. We really didn't miss having a balcony because we don't spend much time in the cabin.

marieangel