3. Adventure of the Seas
The cruise was average. We had great service in the dining room in the evening. The entertainment was ok. There was a comedian that was good (with puppets). and the ice show was excellent. When I had lunch in the dining room I ordered hot tea. Each time, the tea never came. Thankfully my dinner waiter stopped over to ask how the service was and if he could get me anything. Otherwise, I'd still be waiting on the tea. Also dessert never came at lunch dining room dining. There were too many sea days with nothing much to do. Too crowded in the solarium to find a chair. On the pool deck it was loud when playing a movie. Did do a wine tasting (that was and extra charge) and it was very informative and fun. The smoke from the casino was traveling into the lounges on the front and the back side of it. They really need to do a better job of containing the smoke in the casino. I am a crown and Anchor member and I was not welcomed back or given a listing of what was loaded as perks on my sea pass. When I inquired at the help desk, they told me they are loaded on my sea pass and that was it. I asked for a listing and they told me there isn't one. (the friends I was traveling with each got one from the desk). The manager at the time, told me this. I tried several times at the crown and anchor desk on deck 7. Everytime I went to see if someone was on duty, no one was there. Even if it was time that said they would be there. After 4x, I just gave up. It was consuming too much time. I had not been to Labdee for years. It has been built up and had many more things to do. I liked that they had locals working there but didn't like that they expected tips to take the lounge chairs down and were angry if you would help yourself to chairs. I didn't take any cash onto the island, just wanted to relax. They should probably just pay these folks a bit of a salary and spare guests getting asked every several feet if they want a chair and hang about until you reach for your wallet. St Martin is always a great stop and Puerto Rico there is a lot to do. boarding and unloading went smoothly. without too much waiting. Customs was not much waiting either. Didn't do any excursions because of the cost and nothing really jump out. Spa service was very good. Actually all the employees were very good. Didn't like the promenade area. The shops are much smaller and had very little in them. They put out tables along the promenade with products on them and caused a log jam of people. The pub was very popular and had people spilling out of it into the promenade. The sushi place was much larger and hardly had any people in it. Maybe they should swap out the spaces? The ship was sparsely decorated for Christmas. That was pretty surprising. Had a nice time but it is hard to not look back and remember what cruising was like years ago and what it has now become. A nickle and dime-ing extravaganza.

Meh It was average

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by RushisaBand

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

St Martin is always a great stop and Puerto Rico there is a lot to do.

Didn't do any excursions because of the cost and nothing really jump out.

Spa service was very good. Actually all the employees were very good.

The ship was sparsely decorated for Christmas. That was pretty surprising.

RushisaBand’s Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 9640
The cabin was clean and average. Annoying rattling sound from balcony slider at night. The bed was hard. The cabin steward was very kind and placed a duvet under the sheet to make it more cushy..
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins