3. Adventure of the Seas
We chose this cruise as a family get together for the holidays. There were 10 of us in the party. My wife (7 cruises), myself (8), my son of 24 years(7), my daughter of 21 years (7), my wife's parents (3), my son's fiancee (2) and 3 of my daughter's friends (first time cruisers). We all had cabins on the 7th floor on the forward starboard side. Embarkation and disembarkation went extremely smooth with no issues. The agents were able to deal with a couple of issues for the young first-time cruisers and got us through without incident. It took us longer to park the vehicles than it did to get on the ship. Our last cruise was on an Oasis Class ship. We enjoyed this ship much better. It still had the mall, but most of the ship still had access to the ocean which I enjoy. My wife felt as if this ship was her favorite class. It offered many activities, but still didn't feel crowded. Our cabin was all the way forward on the ship and was an Oceanview stateroom. We loved the view from our window, but if you are do not like motion I would not recommend as the last night we had rough seas and my darling wife almost didn't make it. We ate every night in the Main Dining room. We find the meals there to be good. We find no pleasure in pay that much more for the extra dining options. We ate lunch everyday in the Windjammer and breakfast was split between MDR and Windjammer. We found all the choice as good as on land. Dining is still one of the highlights of our cruise. There have been some changes. Instead of being served bread by the assistant waiter, the bread is there waiting on you at the table. This didn't make that big of a difference for me. I went to the casino and gave a fair donation. I was also able to see a young lady win $13,000 so at least someone really liked the casino. Drink service was spotty around the ship at times. I sat at on venue listening to the musician. I was thinking I would purchase a drink before dinner, but was never approached for the 45 minutes I was there. We went to the ice show and we saw the hypnotist and really enjoyed both. We also enjoyed trivia and some of the late night parties and karaoke. We had as much fun on this cruise as any other we had been on. I still find it to be a great value for vacationing and getting away. Royal Caribbean gives you so many options for whatever kind of fun you are looking for that I find it hard to believe that you couldn't enjoy yourself.

Rough Seas On Last Day Didn't Spoil The Vacation

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by EbbCruiser

EbbCruiser’s Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 8N 7204
We loved the view for our cabin. Our cabin steward (Benny) was great. When the seas were rough we DEFINITELY felt it in the cabin as it was all the way forward, that is not Royal Caribbean's fault. We knew what we were asking for.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins