3. Celebrity Silhouette
Beautiful ship but not many activities for anyone under 70. My wife and I have been loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers for the past 10+ years and we had heard that Celebrity was even more luxurious so we thought that we'd give them a try. However, based on what we observed and experienced over 12 days, Celebrity feels more like a seniors home on the water than a vibrant vegas style resort. The state rooms are quite similar, as are the dining rooms and specialty restaurants, however, that's where the similarities end. While RCI offers climbing walls, zip lines and flow riders, Celebrity counters with bean bag toss, water zumba, and bocce ball on the lawn. And the quality and variety of the evening entertainment is also vastly different with RCI offering high end broadway performances and after hours comedy clubs while Celebrity caters more towards Frankie Valli era sing-alongs. Bottom line, we won't sail with Celebrity again for at least another 15-20 years, but if you're already over 70, you'll love it.

Retirement home at sea...

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by rmibus

rmibus’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C1 9261
Good view and quiet but nothing special to comment about.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• St. Lucia
    Drove in a small bus for 90 minutes (each way) to reach a hotel on the west side of the island where they grow/make chocolate from scratch. The scenery along the way was quite beautiful but we only stopped once for photos. The chocolate making experience itself was difficult and tiresome. I certainly didn't expect to be working up a sweat for 30 minutes grinding cocoa beans by hand which isn't how I expected to spend my time. The restaurant meal that followed was quite pleasant but I was glad to get back to the ship after another 90 minutes on the bus over bumpy roads. Unless you really want to learn about chocolate, pick another excursion.
    View All 11,618 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews