Viking Delling Cruise Review

Viking Delling Cruise Review by Eshivel

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

I retired at the end of June 2017, and took my family on the Delling Rhône River Cruise in France to celebrate! We visited Arles, Vienne, Avignon, Lyon. The river cruise ship was wonderful and the staff so delightful! It was a “dream come true”! We couldn’t believe we were really there. Our cabins with balconies were lovely, and sitting out on the balcony and smoothly sailing down the river felt unreal! Going through the locks on the river , and even touching the walls of the locks since you are just inches away, was a treat. Our tours of Arles, Lyon, and a day touring the lavender fields with lunch in a small, lovely cafe in a tiny hilltop town, was amazing. I’ve read the Peter Mayle “A Year in Provence” books, and watched the movies, and to finally be there was just wonderful! It just adds to my fascination with all things French; even my French antique furniture at home in California.

Eshivel's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 317

The cabin was lovely. My good friend and I shared this cabin, so they kindly split the beds for us. We had enough room for our clothes. The bathroom was very nice too. People need to remember that a cabin is a smaller place and not as large as a hotel room, but outfitted perfectly.

Eshivel