Viking Rolf Cruise Review

Viking Rolf Cruise Review by kingfish45

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

As with most people, we wanted to visit Normandy. Viking delivered on that. As far as comparing it to an ocean cruise there is no way. They are two different things completely. The crew was great. The ship was clean, and the rooms were quite large enough.

I was surprised at the casualness of the whole trip. Embarkation-Just walked in sort of like a hotel. And you just walked on and off any time the ship was docked. I. Could have stepped out my balcony on to the dock.

Seating is open-we dined with our friends and some others that we met on board.

Food-Cooked and delivered to precision.

Entertainment-none at all except a pretty good piano player.

Excursions-Most were walking but one was a panoramic of Paris.

We went in November

The good -the leaves were all changing.

By the end of the trip you see end up seeing just about everybody on board.

Mostly seasoned citizens on board,mostly American-I fit into both categories

The not so good-it was cold so we could not do much on the balcony or view from the top deck. Sept would probaby be better. It snowed the next week.

Special note-If you plan to visit Monet's gardens,-the gardens close at the first of November an a lot of people were upset with that. Pick another month.

My wish would be that the ship dock in Paris and not 15 miles away. Don't know the reason, but it would make the experience much better.

We came to Paris on our own for several days and were able to attend the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI. That was special.

The visit to the cemetery at. Omaha beach was very moving and something everybody should do

Since you asked-I actually prefer ocean cruises and am sailing to Norway to see the Northern lights on the Viking Sun. But we may take another Viking river cruise again. I felt I got my money's worth on this one.

kingfish45's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom

Plenty big. We didn't get to sit on the balcony much but was because of the date we chose. Always kept clean. Already forgot my room number

City Tour