3. Harmony of the Seas
I am a diamond member and have always given RC great reviews until now. The dining room and stateroom staff and services was great. I had no issue with the guest services staff. My complaints are as following: 1) Harmony had an excursion which allowed us to volunteer in the community, but a conflict arose when we got to the volunteer stations preventing us from volunteering. I feel that we should have received all of our money back for that excursion. I do believe Royal Caribbean should continue to offer the volunteer excursion opportunity. It is a great way to get the children involved in community service outside the US. However, Royal Caribbean needs to coordinate better with the charities so that conflicts won't arise. 2) The lack of diversity was glaring with the entertainment and shows. There was not one obvious person of African descent. It seemed that everyone was white in each headline, comedy, aqua show, musical, etc. The made of Harmony musical, Columbus, even featured a goddess of the Caribbean with a 3 foot dread wig who was a white person too. That musical also featured a ship flag that contained the symbol of the KKK and white supremist. The broadway show Grease also did not feature a visible person of darker African descent. There may have been an Asian/Hispanic lady who played a role as the latin dancer; but there did not appear to be any other person of color or African descent. Of course, there were plenty of dark people of color as stateroom attendants and wait staff. Royal Caribbean should be doing a better job of hiring people of diverse skin colors for the characters. 3) The dinner quality in the dining room was subpar, equivalent to a 3 star restaurant. It should be at least a 4 or 5. 4) The ship needs comfortable reclining chairs for the accessible rooms for the disabled. My mom couldn't sleep the entire trip because she only had a bed. She took a few cat naps when she could. She cannot sleep in normal beds due to a disability. Reclining chairs and adjustable beds are better to accommodate many disabilities.

Mixed feelings

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by angelgwynnpowell

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

angelgwynnpowell’s Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 5D 8294
Very nice. I had a great stateroom attendant who kept our room clean and orderly.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins