3. Disney Fantasy
Despite the fact that Disney doubles cruise prices during Christmas week, we were forced to book then to accommodate the work and school schedules of of other family members... Apparently their marketing department has figured out what the market will tolerate, however, as there were only 8 empty cabins listed on the Disney Cruise site one week before we sailed. However the 'Disney Magic' continues to entice kids of all ages, making the experience memorable for all. From the first day at sea character breakfast for our party of 9, to the Broadway quality shows, to Pirate Night, it's hard to top the kid appeal provided. Cabanas was our go to option for breakfasts and lunches and we were generally pleased with the extensive choices available with their serve yourself offerings. The serve yourself beverage choices included coffee, hot tea, coke, water, and several other drink options which I avoided after my first experience with each as they were watered down to the point of being rather tasteless. Our meal rotation in the three dining rooms was generally positive after my husband told the staff that he wanted their focus to be on our three grandchildren rather than the four 40-something adults in our party. Meal length would be my major complaint as I felt that service was slow and that the children in our party had to wait a long time between course offerings. As this cruise was a family bonding adventure, we only ordered room service the morning we departed early for the Mayan ruins. It arrived promptly at the scheduled time and our cabin steward made it disappear by the time we returned from our field trip. We did not chose to book a meal in Remy or Palo on this cruise. My husband and I took advantage of the Quiet Cove Adult Pool area on several afternoons and found it to be a welcome respite in a sea of ongoing activity on the rest of Deck 11. Although we did not experience the hot tubs personally, that area seemed to accommodate the number of interested participants and the Cove Bar staff made frequent trips through the area to fill drink orders. On the minus side, we got into Castaway Cay late the last morning due to problems docking in rough seas. Having been there 6 years previous at Christmas on the Disney Wonder, I was struck with how much more crowded the beach areas were this time with the larger capacity on the Fantasy. Four family members participated in the 5K run, which was held despite the late start. However crowd control was a real issue as the race began after many non-participating passengers had been allowed to disembarked. Large crowds clueless about yielding to runners as well as young bikers shared the footpaths making it dangerous for everyone involved. (DISNEY, YOU NEED TO REVISIT THIS!) Apparently there was also a problem with the private photo company which did the pictures during this cruise as many folks did not receive all of their digital pictures on the pre-purchased thumb drives, or received photos of other couples who were not part of their travel party... Not what one would expect with a $250 outlay per cabin!

Christmas in the Caribbean

Little Toot2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 06B 7184
Our cabin was in a good location near the aft of the ship as only a handful of other passengers passed by us on a regular basis. Noise from the reverse thrusters did not seem to bother us as we were usually already up and functioning by the time the ship docked.

The cabin itself was a bit narrow, so navigating it could prove to be a challenge for a party of four adults. Although we did not personally make use of the bunk bed setup, it seemed to work well for family members in two adjoining cabins. The split bath is a wonderful concept, especially with 3-4 people sharing the space.

The built-in storage proved to be adequate for two, but a bit slim for four. Hanging closet space was generous for two, but would require more hangers if adding two more adults. Perhaps I should note here, that we travel light.... one 24" piece of checked luggage and two carry-ons one of which is for shoes.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins