3. Britannia
Chose this cruise ( 7 nights ) as it fitted with a special birthday and the itinery was new ports of call from a previous Caribbean cruise we had been on . Flights with Tui on the Dreamliner were on time - no need to book Premium - great leg room in economy, Good In flight catering and complimentary wine with meal. From plane steps in Barbados, straight onto the mini bus and at the terminal in 35mins, no waiting at the quay - on board in less than 5 minutes. Luggage was delivered into our cabin by our super cabin guy Aurelino. We chose an inside cabin, as on Britannia the balconies are rather small, I would be rather up on deck in the open air. Cabin was clean no wear- note this ship is now 4 years old. The décor throughout Britannia tends to be in my opinion ' very boardroom and dark ' just hope they remedy this on the new Iona. We always go FREEDOM Dining, and never a problem for a table for two which my friend prefers. Main Dining - choice of Peninsular or Meridian... The Décor in the Meridian is much softer , so we chose as our preferred option, the Glass House one night for an excellent steak and triple cooked chips. Horizon Buffet often for lunch, and some breakfasts, always a huge huge choice. I have always found P&O excellent for choice and indeed quality in the dining restaurants, just cannot believe the adverse comments- ( perhaps the moaners should try RSS - with the £££ to match !!! ) Enjoyed each port of call - will comment on each one individually. Entertainment - Good choice - always appreciate the hard work the ' Headliners ' put in , went to Gravity & Once upon a time shows......these were of the high standard we have always seen. On the second week I think they will have included ' Astonishing ' which we saw on Ventura … this takes a show to a high level. New style sunbeds and always plenty to go round...……. My preference area was the rear of the ship with the small plunge pool. Note as many reviewers comment on, first thing in a morning the area around the two central pools have the ' TOWEL SYNDROME', as there is music there, I prefer the quiet areas anyway. Cruising with P&O can build up the loyalty points and we are climbing the ladder slowly, yes it does make a difference on your on board spend!! Drinks are reasonable we tended to just have a large glass of wine each evening with the meal. Liked the Crows Nest for pre dinner drinks and the Sunset Bar too. After dinner drinks again in the Crows Nest. The formal nights were fine and adhered to in the main Dining rooms and Bars.. well done P&O. Have already booked for June this year and for Iona in 2020.As yet not tried any other cruise line, RCL looks very geared to children/ teens as they need to be entertained 24/7, which is not my style.

Good Itinerary - excellent service

Britannia Cruise Review by Sea Blue Skies

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean

Enjoyed each port of call - will comment on each one individually.

Sea Blue Skies’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin C724
Inside cabin, twin beds, décor in good condition, no wear, good space for hanging clothes and enough drawers, tea & coffee making too!!! Bathroom - yes they are small, but Britannia gets the glass shower door. Good sized flat tv.
My only criticism is the lighting - not being able to have just the above bed lights on -on their own..

• Beach Break
    Tour and beach...…. Natural Bridge / Lighthouse and the beach.
    A real coach rather than the usual Caribbean mini buses... excellent young driver ( Cy - pronounced ZEE ) time to take photos, a relaxed tour.
    View All 97 Beach Break Reviews
  • Bonaire
    On the quayside 3 mins from the ship, we were met by Natalya, and Luc...
    Luc was our guide and driver in the open sided colourful vehicle.
    Many stops for photos , and a welcome cold drink / beer half way. Luc was very knowledgable and knew where to find the wildlife too- super pics of pink flamingos.. Final stop at a superb beach. We booked on line well in advance !!!!
    Do go on this tour - really brilliant
    View All 11,327 Bonaire Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bonaire Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Anse Beach
    Just did the cruise trip to Great Anse Beach. hired shade / sunbeds for the morning $25 ………. others took the ferry there , which would enable a full day there...
    white sand and warm water...……..
    View All 12 Grand Anse Beach Reviews
  • St. Lucia
    just looked around the town, not really inspiring- had done the trip to the Pitons previously.

NOTE - if on the 7 nighter or the 2 week St Lucia - St Lucia -the airport transfer is 1.25 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!! mountain roads in a minibus I would NOT wish to repeat this experience.
    View All 1,333 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Lucia Cruise Port Review
  • Mustique
    Booked this trip well in advance - suggest you do !!!! as the number is strictly limited to 20 !!!.. and was fully booked on arrival on the ship .

The boat is a rather large speed boat.. outside and inside seating, it rides the wavs well so no up and down motion. Complimentary drinks - soft and rum punch throughout each way. Good guide - on arrival we did the optional mini bus ride to see where some of the ' A listers live ' and to Macoroni beach... amazing just what you think a Caribbean beach should look like - totally deserted.
    Lunch at the famous Basil's Bar... great food, and a cold beer, then a walk along the coast - deserted stretches of sand - just idyllic...…….A full day out ..one that will last long in the memory.