Viking Hermod Cruise Review

Viking Hermod Cruise Review by Jana Star

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

This cruise came highly recommended by my mother and stepfather as they sailed a few years prior. I had never been on a cruise so was a bit hesitant that I might feel "stuck", but LOVED the ports and trips into all the cities! We saw so much and did a great deal of walking- which was great. All excursions were highly organized and the staff was efficient and professional. The entire staff were exceptional-very friendly, helpful, and all had such humor. We laughed quite a bit. The food, overall was excellent and it you found you did not like something; it was never a problem- you were given something else or could choose the buffet. It was really fun to try a variety of new cuisines. The ship was beautiful as well. We are scheduled to cruise on the Viking Ocean liner in 2020 and are really looking forward to it.

My sister and I traveled 4 days early and 5 days afterwards to tour some cities and it was well worth it. It all was really a fantastic trip to Europe!

Jana Star's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 116

I do wish the mattresses were more comfortable and I did not like that we had to come up with our own coins to pay for bathrooms when we were on our tours. I think the staff should have handled that at all times. It was a real hassle. Some staff did and some didn't and I didn't quite understand why that was.

Old Town Tour

Loved it!

View All 70 Old Town Tour Reviews
Durnstein Castle (Kuenringer Castle)

Loved it!

View All 14 Durnstein Castle (Kuenringer Castle) Reviews
City Tour

Loved it! I absolutely LOVE Budapest! Gorgeous city!

View All 353 City Tour Reviews

Learned quite a bit about Farm life and got to see colloquial dancing, which was being filmed- very fun!

View All undefined undefined Reviews