3. Norwegian Dawn
We picked this cruise because it had several islands that we had not seen before. That was the good news. The bad news is that it was an 11-day cruise with one day at sea so basically, we stopped every day. For we old folk that was a little tiring. This was our 3rd NCL cruise and it did not disappoint, the ship was clean, the food was good, and the staff was great. The cruise started out with us winning the bid for an upgrade and we were upgraded to a penthouse. First time in a suite and it was great and worth the extra money. The cabin was extra large and our balcony was as big as some staterooms that we have had in the past. The suite had extra places to put clothes and the bed was a real king instead of two singles pushed together and it was super comfortable. Our cabin guy was attentive and was always there when we needed something. The suite comes with a butler and after 11 days we are not really sure what his purpose was. That could have been explained to us but no big deal. He was the one that brought us food every day it actually got to be too much as it showed up just before dinner. We finally asked him to stop. We ate in every restaurant on the ship and frankly I do not think I had a bad meal. We had the drink package so booze was always available and the bar service was excellent. We had drinks every night in Gatsby where there was a singer who sang a bunch of stuff from our err. There was a server there El who was fantastic my wife wanted to adopt here LOL. All of our tours were of the geriatric type (bus rides touring the island) and we were happy with them with the exception of one. The tour in Grenada was the worse tour I have ever been on. It was scheduled for an hour and a half but wound up being 4 hours with a poor guide, no mike and not much info. If you go on the cruise do not take the sights of Grenada tour. We let the shore tour people about it, BTW the entire bus complained, the shore tour people were sympathetic but that is about all. We were not looking for anything but they needed to know. As I said this was our 3rd NCL cruise and our one complaint is customer service. They are 3 out of 3 for being poor. The communication between the staff and the customer is poor at best. We had a terrible time speaking with them so they were understanding what we wanted. Again the staff at the customer service desk needs lessons in customer service. In addition to poor communications, they always seemed to want us to go away even if we were the only people there. Getting off the ship was a bit of organized chaos. It just seemed disorganized. We were on the Bliss last year which held twice as many people but the debarkation was clean and efficient. Now, this could be a function of Seattle to San Juan but you should be aware of a slow departure. Bottom line is we really liked the cruise and while I would not take this particular cruise again, we will definitely use NCL.

An enjoyable and relaxing cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by jsboysen

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Forward-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony

jsboysen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Forward-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SE 9500
I actually spoke of the cabin in the main part of my review. What can one say it was a glorious penthouse.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins