Viking Var Cruise Review

The shore-to-ship-to shore care Viking gave us

Viking Var Cruise Review by JeremyIrons

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: Europe

Just what we were looking for. We needed to get out of town during that time and this provided a no fuss way to do it. During the trip we had no worries or concerns about transfers, baggage, meals or entertainment. The necessities were taken care of seamlessly and the added value was extraordinary.

The ship was spacious and clean, I never felt crowded or 'herded' as I have on other trips. I do not know how they kept our cabin so clean and ship-shape as we seldom saw a chambermaid unless one was needed, but the room and facilities were always spotless. As far as the other help went (waiters, bartenders, etc.) they were also extraordinary. I even have a joke that I tell my friends, when I asked a staff member if he ever said 'no' his answer was of course 'no'. Everyone went out of their way to provide for our needs.

The food was excellent and of course the staff would never say 'no' to a special food request. We even came back from ashore late one afternoon, freezing cold and way too late for lunch but of course they still served us, as I said they never say no. All the food was just great but we looked forward to every dinner as they was always something very special on the menu.

Every stop was a new adventure. Not only were the guides local, knowledgeable, proud of their town but were lots of fun. Not a bad guide for the whole trip and we had many. There was so much to do everyday that we had to make time to relax and get some rest although when we did we felt like we were missing something and we didn't want to miss a thing.

I don't know what else to add except I hope to get chance for another Viking adventure

JeremyIrons's Full Rating Summary

Cabin I don't know 410

I can't remember our cabin designation but it did have a small balcony. It wasn't giant but adequate with a nice bed and plenty of storage. A nice light feel to it and although small it did not feel cramped at all. Always clean and everything worked as it should have.

JeremyIrons