• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Crystal Symphony Review

Editor Rating
50 Awards

Despite almost killing me twice! Loved it!

Review for Crystal Symphony to the Caribbean
teamflames
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Overall one of our best cruises, the real rating is 4.5 stars due to a bout of food poisoning and the filthy condition of our stateroom on arrival and the lack of response from the Hotel Director. The service of the staff outshine their managerial staff. I think if it had been a short cruise it would have been our first and last time on Crystal but with 19 nights the good times well and truly outshone these early mishaps. Anyway onto the review:

My wife and I are an Australian couple in our 40's who are early retirees and now wander the globe with no home base. We have progressively added more cruises to our itinerary over the last couple of years. We booked this cruise to celebrate my wifes birthday and to help us relocate to our next destination - South America. After booking this cruise early we booked several other cruises and this became the final leg of a 6 cruise 91 days at sea odyssey! I am pleased to report we ended on a high (despite 2 major hiccups - more to follow). This was our first Crystal cruise and we also tried Seabourn and Viking for the first time in the months preceding.

We spent several days in NOLA beforehand (2nd visit), loved the WW2 museum.

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Cabin C1

Please see above for more detail. Small relative to other luxury lines. Comfortable bed, good tv system, adequate storage, small but functional bathroom.

Port Reviews

New Orleans

WW2 museum excellent, must visit cafe du monde. Get away from Bourbon street, better alternatives.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

This time just spent the day on that beautiful beach

Curacao

Good shopping and a colourful downtown make for a fun stop.

Grenada

A Sunday meant everything was closed. Too many touts!

Rio de Janeiro

So much to do, just be careful!

40 Helpful Votes